Sugarpuss Studio Assistant Internship APPLICATION
Los Angeles, CA / Fashion Studio Assistant / Internship Position
Sugarpuss is a fast-growing fashion, swimwear, and costume label for the edgy young woman looking for runway-inspired, fun, and easy-to-wear pieces. Our designer also works directly with various performers, dancers, aerialists, and cosplayers to create unique, form-fitting pieces that are eye-catching and one of a kind.
Our dream team is growing quickly in positions are opening in our DTLA office. We are looking for team members who are equally passionate about what we do and excited about joining the Sugarpuss team.
About this role:
Internship for school credit
We are looking for a competent Fashion Studio Assistant to help with the daily tasks of our company’s apparel production. The ideal candidate will be a fashion student who is eager to learn local/small batch apparel production in Downtown Los Angeles. This individual will be a hard-working student ready to learn and contribute to a variety of studio support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
Will work with student's school schedule and internship requirements
- Assist team with loading and unloading production supplies such as fabric and production packs
- Assist team in counting, recording, and organizing inventory
- Assisting team in keeping the studio's design supplies and patterns organized and put away
- Run errands for various departments -- able to walk locally to pick up and drop off small quantities of supplies
- Hands-on -- able to measure, cut, and handle fabric
- Outgoing personality and able to communicate well and ask questions when needed. Very important!
- Individual must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, while still fast and efficient
- Independent thinker and able to problem solve
- Critical thinker and extremely proactive
- Comfortable with learning basic fashion production style math
- Addition and Subtraction (tallying/counting inventory)
- Multiplication and Division
- Measuring (yards, inches)
- Has an interest in a fashion career
- Wants to learn local/small batch apparel production in DTLA
- Speaks more than one language- Spanish for bonus points!
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for duration of your shift
- Must be able to measure, cut, and handle fabric
- Ability to walk locally to pick up and drop off packages
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible work environment
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs if need be such as rolls of fabric (this is not often, but I need to know)