Sugarpuss Apparel Production Assistant APPLICATION
Los Angeles, CA / Apparel Production Assistant / Part-Time Position
Sugarpuss is a fast-growing swimwear and fashion label for the edgy young woman looking for runway-inspired, fun, and easy-to-wear pieces. Our designer also works directly with various performers, dancers, aerialists, and cosplayers to create unique, form-fitting pieces that are eye-catching and one of a kind.
Our dream team is growing quickly in positions are opening in our DTLA office. We are looking for team members who are equally passionate about what we do and excited about joining the Sugarpuss team.
About this role:
Rate: Starts at $16.04/hour
We are looking for a competent Apparel Production Assistant to help with the organization and running of the daily tasks of our company’s apparel production. The ideal candidate will have a fashion background who is eager to learn local/small batch apparel production in Downtown Los Angeles. This individual will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of studio support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
In-person for ALL shifts
This position will require the schedule of:
Mon, Tues, Thurs (minimum 3 days a week)
1 pm- 5 pm (4-hour shifts)
- Assist owner & designer with preparing samples: measure, cut, & handle fabric
- Assist team in counting, recording, and organizing inventory
- Assisting designer in working with markers which require basic math skills
- Run errands for various departments -- A car is a plus and you will be compensated for any mileage while running company errands
- Hands-on -- able to measure, cut, and handle fabric
- Outgoing personality and able to communicate well and ask questions when needed. Very important!
- Individual must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, while still fast and efficient
- Independent thinker and able to problem solve
- Critical thinker and extremely proactive
- Comfortable with learning basic fashion production style math
- Addition and Subtraction (tallying/counting inventory)
- Multiplication and Division
- Measuring (yards, inches)
- Has an interest in a fashion career
- Wants to learn local/small batch apparel production in DTLA
- Familiar with Etsy selling platform, Shopify, and shipping systems
- Speaks more than one language- Spanish for bonus points!
- Access to a laptop, Mac (no PC) to easily share docs
- 15-20 hrs/week
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for extended periods of time
- Must be able to measure, cut, and handle fabric
- Ability to walk locally to pick up and drop off packages
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible work environment
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs if need be such as rolls of fabric (this is not often, but I need to know)